BC Milk has developed the attached Covid-19 safety plan and has reviewed the plan with all employees. The following is a high-level summary of the plan.
Our workplace policies ensure that workers and others showing symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from the Workplace:
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada or who has had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Visitors are prohibited or limited in the workplace.
Our policy addresses workers who may start to feel ill at work. It includes the following:
- Sick workers should report to first aid, even with mild symptoms.
- Sick workers should be asked to wash or sanitize their hands, provided with a mask, and isolated. Ask the worker to go straight home. [Consult the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, or call 811 for further guidance related to testing and self-isolation.]
- If the worker is severely ill (e.g., difficulty breathing, chest pain), call 911.
- Clean and disinfect any surfaces that the ill worker has come into contact with.
We have assessed the risks at our workplace and implemented protocols to reduce the risks. We have developed the necessary policies to manage our workplace, including policies around who can be at the workplace, how to address illness that arises at the workplace, and how worker can be kept safe in adjusted working conditions. Our policies ensure that everyone entering the workplace, including workers from other employers, knows how to keep themselves safe while at our workplace. We will continue to monitor our workplace and update our plans as necessary.
All employees and visitors must read and comply with the Covid-19 Safety plan before entering the BC Milk offices. Download the full plan below.