The Board is pleased to announce that the new Milk Management System has gone live today!
A reminder of the key changes that will affect producers:
- Quota buying and selling will be conducted through an online application, beginning with the September Quota Exchange, which will open August 7, 2019.
- The Board will no longer mail out hardcopy producer statements, effective September 1, 2019. (All producer information going forward will only be available online.)
- Milk Quality test results email notifications need to be set up in new system for the appropriate account or sub-account
- You will need to create sub-accounts for other users (family, farm manager, feed rep, etc.) due to the sensitive, secure nature of the “Primary Account”
- The volume shown in the “Pickup History” page is updated shortly after each transporter pickup and will match between the former (Legacy) system and the new (MMS) system, but the BF, PT and OS component kgs will vary slightly due to a different (and more correct) methodology of calculating components in the new system.
- The July production statement will be processed using the Legacy system and will be mailed mid-August. This will be the last statement mailed to producers. Going forward all statements, newsletters and statistics will be available online (through MMS) only.
What do I have to do to be ready to use this site?
By now, all producers should have received a (yellow) “Producer Verification Form” with their producer license. If you haven’t already done so, the form should be completed immediately by the quota-holder(s) for the farm and returned to the Board for security verification. If you have questions or haven’t received it yet, please contact Chantale Frost-Gill: CFrostGill@bcmilk.com or (604) 556-3444.
Will I be notified when the site is ready?
Yes, once you have returned your “Producer Verification Form” and the BCMMB processes it, on or after August 1, you will be sent an email notification with your username and a link to create a password and you will then be able to access your new producer account. Forms received after July 19th may be processed after August 1st and may take up to two weeks before the form is verified, and an email notification is sent. You are responsible for the security of your log-in information which should be kept secure, similar to your banking PIN.
What if I don’t use the current site? Do I need to register for the new one?
If you do not register for the new site, you will not be able to participate in the Quota Exchange, access your producer statement, set up test result notifications and other useful tools for managing your farm.
A step-by-step user guide is now posted on the main page of the BCMMB website: bcmilk.com
Reminder: Webinar training
The Board is pleased to provide training to assist in setting up your producer MMS accounts, subaccounts and navigating the new system. The Board will host a webinar on Tuesday, August 6, at 10am, which will be available to all producers as outlined below:
MMS Producer Training
Tue, Aug 6, 2019 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
Join the conference call:
Call in: (844) 511-2074
Participants #: 160-255-507
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
In-person Training at the Quality Hotel on August 8 Abbotsford has been CANCELLED, due to lack of interest.
However, staff is available for training assistance at the Milk Board office as below.
BC Milk Office Training
Staff will be available to assist producers with the transition to the new IT system. Producers can call, email, or visit the office for one-on-one assistance with our new MMS system.