Deadline for Applications is February 5, 2020
The Board is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for those interested in becoming New Entrants to the dairy industry with a desire to start production in 2021.
The New Entrant Program (NEP)
The policy objective of a New Entrant Program (NEP) is simply to encourage and facilitate people to enter the dairy industry as new producers. The Board’s NEP program provides 15kgs of Continuous Daily Quota (CDQ) as incentive quota to start milk production, plus up to 8kgs of matching CDQ provided on a 1:1 ratio basis during the 10 years of the program.
On June 21, 2019, the Board announced the three NEPs who were selected in 2019 to begin production by the end of 2020.
The Board initially planned to hold the process every two years but following the success and the interest in the program in 2019, the Board has decided to hold the NEP process annually going forward.
The process (outlined below in brief) will be the same as last year:
- A completed application form and a $250 non-refundable administration fee is due at the BC Milk Marketing Board office by February 5, 2020 to qualify for the random draw.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of two years’ dairy farm experience or an educational equivalent, such as the Dairypro® program.
- A random draw will be held by February 10, 2020.
- Eight candidates will be drawn randomly by an independent 3rd party. Candidates’ names will be announced via Notice and posted on the Board’s website.
- All eight candidates will submit verification documents and a business plan to the Board.
- All eight candidates will be interviewed by an NEP Selection Committee (June 2020), which will recommend three candidates for the program to the Board for production starts by the end of 2021.
- There will be NO waitlist held.
For more details, including the full requirements and restrictions of the program, Schedule 2 – NEP Rules of the BC Milk Marketing Board’s Consolidated Order June 7, 2019 and the application form, please click here: New Entrant Program (NEP) Apply Here
For any questions regarding this Notice, please contact: email@example.com