The Board is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for those interested in becoming New Entrants to the dairy industry with a desire to start production by December 31, 2024.
The deadline for NEP applications is 12:00pm (PST) February 7, 2023.
The New Entrant Program (NEP)
The policy objective of a New Entrant Program (NEP) is simply to encourage and facilitate people to enter the dairy industry as new producers. The Board’s NEP program provides 15kgs of Continuous Daily Quota (CDQ) as incentive quota to start milk production, plus up to 8kgs of matching CDQ provided on a 1:1 ratio basis during the 10 years of the program.
- A completed online application form and online payment ($250 non-refundable administration fee) must be received by the BC Milk Marketing Board office by 12:00pm (PST) February 7, 2023, to qualify for the random draw.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of three years’ dairy farm experience
- A random draw will be held by February 10, 2023.
- Ten candidates will be drawn randomly by an independent 3rd party. Candidates’ names will be announced via Notice and posted on the Board’s website.
- All ten candidates will submit verification documents and a business plan to the Board.
- All ten candidates will be required to participate in an interview process for the program by the NEP Selection Committee (July 2023), which will recommend a minimum of three candidates for the program to the Board for production starts by the end of 2024.
- New entrants applying to produce organic milk will be guaranteed an interview with the selection committee providing all requirements for application to the program are met.
- There will be NO waitlist held.
- All applications and payments must be submitted online to qualify for the random draw to be held on February 10, 2023.
For more details, including the full requirements and restrictions of the program, Schedule 2 – NEP Rules of the BC Milk Marketing Board’s Consolidated Order June 1, 2020 and the application form, please click here: New Entrant Program (NEP) Apply Here
For any questions regarding this Notice, please contact Intishar Jashim firstname.lastname@example.org